Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas Tree Chorus Line

I got the idea for this card from the Simplicity blog where Susan was showing the One Layer Wednesday posts. Jenny at Crafting in the Country had this cute cream card with a row of snowflakes stamped in red.

I decided to go with trees. Turns out....my tree stamps are all HUGE. It looks nothing like Jenny's card. ;-)

I scored a few lines, added a sentiment and colored in the baubles on one of the trees with a red Spica glitter pen and all the tree toppers with a clear glitter pen.

The card went pretty quickly--you just have to hold your mouth just right while stamping the trees to get them all in a straight line. Heh heh.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Michael's Dollar Bin (trees--I think they were Studio G); KaiserCraft (Christmas mini set--sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles)
ETC: ScorBuddy; Spica red glitter pen; Gelly Roll glitter pen



This week has been a ZOO around here! The HVAC guys are moving a furnace to a more proper place. While all five of those dudes were happily spreading a thick layer of dust around the house on Wednesday, the computer nerd showed up to do something or other. Just as I was finishing the supply list on my last blog entry, computer nerd yells, "I have to turn the Internet off now!" I'm yelling, "WAIT! JUST TWO MORE MINUTES!! JUST TWO MORE MINUTES!!!" OI. I had to type FAST!!! Thankfully I got it posted. :-)

The upshot of all this chaos is that I have been able to spend each day in the Craft Studio because I can't really leave the house and I can't really clean up because the HVAC guys are still here making a mess.

*sigh*

At least I have all my Thanksgiving cards done. =D


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

You are so ahead of the game with your cute Christmas cards! Love your tree chorus line!!1

farmhouse-story said...

i'd hide in my craft room too:) love your card, cynthia--enjoy your weekend:)

Bonnie said...

Ah, forced time in the craft studio. Sounds fun! Love your row of trees.