Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Drifting Snow

Drifting Snow by HikerCynthia
Drifting Snow, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, so over the past few days you *may* have noticed the absolute crappiness of my photos. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my lack of knowledge on how to take good photos with a little cell phone.

But as I wander around the blogosphere, I've noticed the absolutely beautiful photos others have posted.

So I tried something. I used Picnik to try to fix the photo.

I'm sure the outcome here has nothing to do with my lack of knowledge on how to use Picnik.

I will, of course, blame anything and everything other than, well, ME.

Here is my card. It is brighter than yesterday's, no?

One tree stamp, one sentiment stamp, one ink, one watercolor pencil and two little score lines.

I got the general idea from a card posted on Simplicity's One Layer Wednesday list, made by Patti on the Cherish Each Precious Day blog.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Michael's Dollar Bin (tree); KaiserCraft (Christmas mini set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles)
ETC: Koh-I-Nor (Watercolor Pencils); ScorBuddy


So the HVAC dudes finally finished their destruction of my house yesterday. Now the cleaning begins. The dust is everywhere! Grrrrrr.

But at least once that's done I'll go back to having total access to my Craft Studio.

Now if only I could find my mojo beneath all this dust......


~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

this pic is so much brighter--great job, cynthia! i have to "fix" all of my pics, too...very cute card and i'm glad you got your house back:)

Carolyn Dube said...

Your picture looks great! I usually have to adjust my pictures before I post just because of my lighting. It was tougher in the beginning but now that I've done it a while it is so much easier/faster.

Bonnie said...

Your mojo is right on target Cynthia! I love this little tree between the breaks in the score line. It takes some good planning to do that! The picture is brighter. It takes a lot of trial and error to get the hang of taking and editing the pictures. Sometimes it takes longer than making the card!