Friday, October 25, 2013

Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds by HikerCynthia
Tumbleweeds, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Yes, I'm pretty sure these AREN'T tumbleweeds.

Whatever happened to tumbleweeds anyway? When I was in elementary school in Ohio, there were huge tumbleweeds that often tumbleweeded across the playground.

Ah, memories......

Ahem, so this page isn't really about tumbleweeds at all. I just thought the little seed thing-a-ma-dos looked rather like tumbleweeds in really close-up photos of them.

No? Just me?

Sorry.

Anyway, this was a fun page to make. I scribbled Picket Fence Distress Marker on a big ol' script stamp and stamped it straight down the page.

The effect is really kinda cool. It's ghostly, wispy and kind of faded.

Then I stamped a maple leaf stamp from Stampabilites in various Distress Ink colors all over a white piece of paper. Then I die cut Cuttlebug leaves from it.

I adhered the leaves roughly along the script stamp line.

The photos are on a 6x6 piece of Cosmo Cricket paper.

I added a few enamel dots, a few more leaves and called it a day!


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Oh I love the composition on this - that vertical line with its tumbling leaves works incredibly well. Jenny x

farmhouse-story said...

great close up pics--i'm are always blurry:( hope those seeds aren't weeds! ha!

Bonnie said...

Those little fluffs do look like tumbleweeds in these pictures! I love how you stamped the script and followed it with the leaves!