Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!! by HikerCynthia
Happy Halloween!!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

In the middle of addressing my Halloween cards, I realized I hadn't taken a photo of a single one! Gratefully, I had two cards to go, so here's the first.

All of the cards are variations on a theme: spooky sunset, bats, leaves, black cats and grinning Jack-o-lanterns! On the ones I had already sealed in envelopes, I also added a small section of fence for the cat to sit on.

I made the backgrounds by blending Distress Inks in yellow, orange, purple and black.

I die cut the leaves, cats, bats and pumpkins--adding small touches like glittery eyes on the cats or shading on the leaves.

Then I adhered everything and stamped my sentiment.

Easy peasy! =D


Are you all ready for Halloween? I still have to get my pumpkin carved!!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

haha-i'm ready for xmas! love the cute card, cynthia!

Bonnie said...

Luke just told me I needed to carve my pumpkin cause it's almost Halloween. I don't carve and keep it up until Thanksgiving. There's enough scary things around here without a candle burning on the front porch! Love this card, Cynthia. The colors remind me of the Halloween bonfires when I was a kid!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Ooooo... I love the background you have created for this little work of art.

Gorgeous colours.

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Jules said...

Sorry Cynthia .. .. meant to say thank you for thinking of us yesterday.

Thankfully the storm didn't hit our part of the country but it was bad where my Son and DIL live and a couple of good friends who live on the coast. I was pleased to hear from them all that they were OK.

Sadly not everyone can say the same though :-(

Love Jules xx