Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Salamander Visit

Salamander Visit by HikerCynthia
Salamander Visit, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Lately I've noticed a few bloggers posting suggestions for using 6x6 padded papers on scrapbook pages.

I always forget they're not just for making cards! I love the speed and ease of ripping out one sheet and immediately using it--no cutting needed.

And I have plenty of 6x6 pads to use too! Gosh, I collect those like I collect enamel dots!! =D But they're so fun, I tell myself in the store, and so CUTE. And look at all the paper you get! ;-)

And in my cart the little 6x6 cutie pie goes!

*sigh*

Anyway, here are two photos of a very common salamander that I've actually never seen before. I was super excited to see him meandering on the sidewalk at my friend's koi pond.

Naturally, he got scrapbooked.

The salamander. Not my friend.

;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle (Fern & Forest); BoBunny (et cetera 6x6 pad); BasicGrey (Mulholland Drive--ticket)
ETC: Me and My Big Ideas (clear stickers); Simple Stories (24/7 collection letter stickers and word stickers); BasicGrey (Hey Boy brad collection); enamel dots probably from My Mind's Eye; Ranger/Adirondack (Espresso spray ink); Teresa Collins (washi tape--I think!)


I went to my local scrap store this afternoon and for the first time ever EVER...I bought less than one dollar's worth of product. I've gotten to the point where I feel like I have one of everything they sell there! (Is that good or bad? I don't know!) I did see some super cute Santa-red flocked Thickers letter stickers. So might have to run back for them later this week.

Now. Is *THAT* good or bad??? LOL!!! =D


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Glad you found a good use for the 6 x 6 paper! It's perfect to show off that little guy! I went to Archiver's yesterday and spent more than $1.00 but less than $10.00. That's a record for me as I don't get there very often! Maybe there's something in the air?

farmhouse-story said...

love your cute page, cynthia:) i haven't gone to a scrapbook store for a whole year--i had SO much stuff! but, my friend and i are going to archiver next week! (xmas cards need to be done) happy weekend!