Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week in the Life

Week in the Life by HikerCynthia
Week in the Life, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, you're probably wondering why I have a picture of a skeleton on here.

See...what happened was...

Several years ago, my not-so-local scrap store went out of business and sold everything. And I mean EvErYtHiNg! Including these really awesome paper portfolio things made by the French Paper Company. They use them to showcase their papers to customers.

Every. single. one. is a work of art.

This portfolio contains the line called French Muscletone, which is apparently "so sturdy you could use it to build a house." (They have a wonderful sense of humor! Check out their blog for some awesome eye candy too!!)

I bought many of them. Then ripped the paper out and turned them into journals. This one has two machine-sewn signatures of scrapbook papers that are hand-sewn into the portfolio.

The papers are from Momenta--an old paper pad full of muted and distressed greens, blues and browns.

So all that to say...this is my journal for the Week in the Life project which (for me) starts Sunday. Ali Edwards is starting hers on Monday.


And that's the end to my shameless plug!! ;-)

Have a great weekend!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

sally said...

I'm liking!

Sally

Bonnie said...

I'm not too sure about this cover! It's a bit scary. Right along with Halloween and Alfred Hitchcock. I hope you're going to share the inside too.