I loved making this page.
I do not love that I have completely forgotten from whence I stole the idea for this layout.
Arrrrgh.
Said the pirate.
Super simple to make. I found a round metal saw blade thing in the workshop and used it as a template to make the circles of ink. I just unscrewed the tops of 2-3 spray inks and used the tube to make circles.
Very therapeutic.
Then I adhered my two photos and some die cuts, added a feather and a bit of journaling, and called it done.
I saw a scrap page Marcy Penner had done where she wrote not only the date, but also the day name (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) and the exact time she took the photo. Not only had she recorded a memory, she had recorded a MOMENT in time.
I loved that.
So I'm trying to record more moments of my summer as it slips into autumn.
With that idea in mind, I took these two photos with my cell phone. The one on the right is a little spittlebug who landed on my Bible while I was sitting outside reading. The photo at the bottom is a butterfly who landed on my bookmark and stayed quite a while.
Simple, small, quiet moments of summer.
I used lots of different stuff for this page...Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey die cuts, MAMBI stickers (that's the big one in the middle), Dylusions spray inks, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencil and various enamel dots.
And someday when I stumble upon the original page again, I will credit the person.
Thanks for the visit today!
~Cynthia
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Remember the Moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a wonderful idea for a page! I love the idea of recording the day as well as the date and capturing moments in time. So often these precious moments run together and we forget the details! Are you a bug and critter magnet? I guess I just don't stay still long enough to get this close to anything. In the case of bats, that's good! Enjoy!
Hi Cynthia, Just joined as a follower - which I thought I already had. Didn't 'see me', so I joined again! I'm in Upstate SC, and see you are a neighbor. Do you ever get up to Spartanburg, Scrapbook Creations? We may be neighbors! I've gotten into the Dylusions sprays (not gonna start with the journaling though!). Loved this page that you did, and enjoyed reading about the 'whys' of each element. What a wonderful way to preserve your special day in summer. This is a lovely momento to help jog your memory in the future. TFS & hope we can meet up face-to-face someday here in our great state of SC! Hugs
OK, just read that you visit SBC.I'm going up on 9/27 for the Bradbury Sympathy card class. We need to arrange to meet up there one of these days! I love that place, just can't manage it too often. I get too carried away. Good to find out you're that close to the Greenville area, where we are near. I still don't know how to find out for sure who the bloglovin folks are..
So super cool... you are getting so very Artsy in your Crafty - I LOVE IT! and am so very envious.
As usual, the best ever photos of the best subjects; I feel like I'm going through my own little nature hike looking at your pages.
a moment in time...i love that:) the paint circles and drips are fabulous, cynthia!! i'm pinning this!
Post a Comment