Thursday, September 5, 2013

Grape Arbor

Grape Arbor by HikerCynthia
Grape Arbor, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I vaguely stole the idea for this page from Trina over on the Citrus Twists Kits blog. I don't subscribe to their kits, but the design team members are always fantastic sources of inspiration!

I used the daisy stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's feather stencil, also from The Crafter's Workshop.

I made a big batch of the feathers using Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Black Soot, then cut the feathers out to use on projects. It was a bit time consuming, but I was watching an Alfred Hitchcock mini-marathon, so I quite enjoyed my time! ;-)

I slapped on a bunch of snippet layers from Graphic 45, My Mind's Eye and Memory Box.

I added some splots and enamel dots, a bit of sewing and called it a day!

This photo is from the grape arbor in the garden at my local hiking spot. My journaling is about the shadows the vines make on the arbor pieces. So cool!


In other news, if you're interested in playing along with Ali Edwards' "Week in the Life"---it's next week! Check out her blog here for more info. She starts on Monday, but I always start my week on Sunday. Play along if you can! =D


Stay crafty, my friends!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can see I'm going to have to look into these stencils! I love the daisy and the feather! Perfectly placed splotches too and a very interesting photo!

farmhouse-story said...

your pages just get better and better:)