It's the first day of February and you know what that means!! Time for Tim's Tag...or as I like to call it...Going Crazy With Distress Products!!!
And I really, really did.
And as usual, I did nothing like Sir Tim.
But I had a TON of fun and I think that's what counts the most, right?? =D
Head over to Tim's blog for the complete lowdown, but here's my take.
I slapped Distress Stains (Festive Berries and Fired Brick) all over a manilla tag and flicked water on it to create a distressed look. I distressed the edges then inked them up with Black Soot Distress Ink.
I stamped that big heart twice with Black Archival Ink (on the tag itself and on watercolor paper.) Then I stamped it again using Distress Ink (Fired Brick and Festive Berries.) I fussy cut out sections and layered everything up with Pop Dots. (Totally looks cool in real life...in a photo...not so much.)
I embossed a piece of Core'dinations Color Core with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. After I sanded it, the red color of the Color Core didn't match the tag color so I slapped more Distress Stains on it. YES. Totally matches!
I tied some Distressed twine and added the little label I had stamped. I stuck the Chit Chat word "adore" on that.
I used Alcohol Inks (Cranberry, Red Pepper, Watermelon and Silver) on a Fragment charm and adhered a small punched heart which had been covered with Glossy Accents.
For the final two touches, I punched hearts out of a strip of black cardstock and adhered, hanging it out off either side.
Then I stuck a length of Tissue Tape to itself, creating ribbon. Sweet idea there, Mr. Tim Holtz. ;-)
So so SO much fun on this one!! And my fingers got good and inky!! (Frighteningly, it's all RED Distress products on my fingers and I do look like I'm having some sort of medical emergency! Best get that scrubbed off pronto!!)
Thanks SO much for dropping by!
~Cynthia
And I really, really did.
And as usual, I did nothing like Sir Tim.
But I had a TON of fun and I think that's what counts the most, right?? =D
Head over to Tim's blog for the complete lowdown, but here's my take.
I slapped Distress Stains (Festive Berries and Fired Brick) all over a manilla tag and flicked water on it to create a distressed look. I distressed the edges then inked them up with Black Soot Distress Ink.
I stamped that big heart twice with Black Archival Ink (on the tag itself and on watercolor paper.) Then I stamped it again using Distress Ink (Fired Brick and Festive Berries.) I fussy cut out sections and layered everything up with Pop Dots. (Totally looks cool in real life...in a photo...not so much.)
I embossed a piece of Core'dinations Color Core with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. After I sanded it, the red color of the Color Core didn't match the tag color so I slapped more Distress Stains on it. YES. Totally matches!
I tied some Distressed twine and added the little label I had stamped. I stuck the Chit Chat word "adore" on that.
I used Alcohol Inks (Cranberry, Red Pepper, Watermelon and Silver) on a Fragment charm and adhered a small punched heart which had been covered with Glossy Accents.
For the final two touches, I punched hearts out of a strip of black cardstock and adhered, hanging it out off either side.
Then I stuck a length of Tissue Tape to itself, creating ribbon. Sweet idea there, Mr. Tim Holtz. ;-)
So so SO much fun on this one!! And my fingers got good and inky!! (Frighteningly, it's all RED Distress products on my fingers and I do look like I'm having some sort of medical emergency! Best get that scrubbed off pronto!!)
Thanks SO much for dropping by!
~Cynthia

18 comments:
Great tag Cynthia!!
I love your take on it!
Wow Cynthia....I am impressed that you have made your tag and posted it already!! Well done. Your take is great and it's certainly about fun
Hugs
Annie
Nice bright colours. Like the embossed piece
Love your tag! Great job improvising! I have quite a bit of TH tools but never seem to have the right ones.
Oh my, oh my Cynthia .. . how much do I love this!!!!
Just look at all those scrummy hearts LOL!!
Hope those fingers came clean!!
Hope you have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Great tag!
Beautiful tag!!Love the dry ebossed heart paper...:) <3
Love your tag! Love that you have added your own 'stamp' to Tim's idea.
Possibly I like this as I am only starting to build a "Tim" stash - not easy to buy here in NZ without paying a high price.Congrats on your tag!
Very cute tag and yes, it is all about having fun, being creative and making it your own!
Your tag is wonderful! Love it! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Where in Upstate SC are you -- I am in Taylors.
It's always fun to get those fingers inky, Cynthia! And you have another fantastic tag to show for it! Love the hearts!
Gorgeous tag!
Love the contrast of black and red, beautiful !
adorable! love the way the embossed hearts look on this:)
I absoultly love the Heart you used! im a sucker for poka-dots too! a very beautiful tag perfect for valentines day!
great interpretation! Love those hearts!
A fabulous take on Tim's tag.
Hi Cynthia. Thank you for your nice compliment on my Feb. tag. I totally agree that's all about improvising. I mean...who has all of Tim's stuff? (but we can try!) Anyhoo, I like your red and black heart version. Tim is a doll to give us some play time each month. Charlotte
Post a Comment