Monday, February 25, 2013

Tattered Florals Challenge

So.

Tim Holtz issued a challenge on his blog. He challenged us to make something with the Tattered Florals die cut.

I decided that a card with flowers on it just wasn't good enough.

I decided to think outside the box.

I decided....to make a cake.

And here is my cake.

Made with Tattered Florals flowers in a Hawaiian wedding theme.

Or crazy birthday theme.

Or whatever.

I stepped so far out of my comfort zone on this thing, I'm in another time zone!!!!!!!!!!! =D

Anyway. Lots of flowers, lots of Distress Inks, lots of Distress Stains, lots of Stickles, and a whole lotta creative use of paper!! =D


Thanks so much for checking my Tattered Florals Cake out!


~Cynthia

5 comments:

Alina said...

Your cake looks great! Love the way you decorated it with Tim Holtz dies!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful cake, Cynthia! And no calories! Perfect. I think you've gone to a tropical time zone. What fun!

Jules said...

Oh Wow Cynthia .. .. I love your cake!!!

So bright and beautiful. It must have taken ages to make .. .. but well worth the effort.

Now what's this about your Mum hijacking your blog? Just off to see what she has been up to.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

this is fabulous, cynthia! and fat free:)

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

What a creative idea! Love it.