Today I'm CASEing the ever talented N@ Ali. She has the COOLEST cards on her blog Just Cards.
I was looking for a bit of direction and saw this card and decided it would be adorable for Valentine's Day!
I die cut the jar out of sparkly paper and a piece of acrylic packaging material. Then I cut the jar lid from crafting sheet metal. (The metal is purple on the other side. I just flipped it! Perfect!!)
I punched the hearts out then drew lines to where I wanted them to hang and adhered the hearts.
To assemble the jar I used the Glue Glider across the jar mouth to hold the acrylic piece, but also added a slim line of glue pen across the very bottom of the jar--trying to hide the glue. I think it works really well. It holds everything in place while not allowing globs of glue to show. Then I just adhered the metal jar lid using Glue Glider, since that's under the metal and that can't be seen anyway.
Then I stamped the sentiment.
Whew! That took longer to type up than it took to acutally make the card!! =D
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft card blank); Bazzill (red cardstock); unknown sparkly paper
Stamp: Craftsmart (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: The Memory Box (Tall Canning Jar die cut); Ten Second Studio (sheet metal); Emagination (heart punch); American Crafts (pen); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Glue Glider Pro; acetate remnant
OK, so only a few more V Day cards to go! I really need to get them in the mail tomorrow so I had better get back to creating!! Thanks for stopping in...and have a crafty weekend!!!
~Cynthia
I was looking for a bit of direction and saw this card and decided it would be adorable for Valentine's Day!
I die cut the jar out of sparkly paper and a piece of acrylic packaging material. Then I cut the jar lid from crafting sheet metal. (The metal is purple on the other side. I just flipped it! Perfect!!)
I punched the hearts out then drew lines to where I wanted them to hang and adhered the hearts.
To assemble the jar I used the Glue Glider across the jar mouth to hold the acrylic piece, but also added a slim line of glue pen across the very bottom of the jar--trying to hide the glue. I think it works really well. It holds everything in place while not allowing globs of glue to show. Then I just adhered the metal jar lid using Glue Glider, since that's under the metal and that can't be seen anyway.
Then I stamped the sentiment.
Whew! That took longer to type up than it took to acutally make the card!! =D
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft card blank); Bazzill (red cardstock); unknown sparkly paper
Stamp: Craftsmart (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: The Memory Box (Tall Canning Jar die cut); Ten Second Studio (sheet metal); Emagination (heart punch); American Crafts (pen); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Glue Glider Pro; acetate remnant
OK, so only a few more V Day cards to go! I really need to get them in the mail tomorrow so I had better get back to creating!! Thanks for stopping in...and have a crafty weekend!!!
~Cynthia

1 comment:
This is so clever! Your jar is amazing and I love the hearts hanging inside it! Wouldn't this idea work great for a centerpiece using a real jar and punched hearts handing inside it? Hmmm! Hope you're having a great weekend!
Post a Comment