First off, a HUGE WELCOME to my new followers!! Thank you for joining me on this creative journey!!
And now to the card...
I am loving this one! Totally not my idea--I was hanging out on Ardyth's blog (MASKerade) and saw this card. I immediately fell in love!
So of course I also had to immediately CASE it! ;-)
I stamped the flower using Versamark, then drowned it in clear embossing powder.
(If you look closely, you can see little black flecks in my nice clear embossing powder. Note to self: Buy *new* nice clear embossing powder.)
After heating the powder, I layered different orangeish Distress Inks, starting with the lighter color first. I went outside the lines, like Ardyth did, with the lightest color, then concentrated each successive darker color towards the center of the flower. I ended with the darkest ink only in the very center.
I cut the flower out, just barely outside the image edge. Then I adhered it to the card blank and stamped the sentiment.
Easy peasy! Thanks to Ardyth for the inspiration!!
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (flower); Endless Creations (sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge)
ETC: Versamark; unknown clear embossing powder
Happy Monday, all! I totally need to get crackin' on my Valentine's Day cards. How about you? Are you finished...or have you not even started?? ;-)
~Cynthia
And now to the card...
I am loving this one! Totally not my idea--I was hanging out on Ardyth's blog (MASKerade) and saw this card. I immediately fell in love!
So of course I also had to immediately CASE it! ;-)
I stamped the flower using Versamark, then drowned it in clear embossing powder.
(If you look closely, you can see little black flecks in my nice clear embossing powder. Note to self: Buy *new* nice clear embossing powder.)
After heating the powder, I layered different orangeish Distress Inks, starting with the lighter color first. I went outside the lines, like Ardyth did, with the lightest color, then concentrated each successive darker color towards the center of the flower. I ended with the darkest ink only in the very center.
I cut the flower out, just barely outside the image edge. Then I adhered it to the card blank and stamped the sentiment.
Easy peasy! Thanks to Ardyth for the inspiration!!
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (flower); Endless Creations (sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge)
ETC: Versamark; unknown clear embossing powder
Happy Monday, all! I totally need to get crackin' on my Valentine's Day cards. How about you? Are you finished...or have you not even started?? ;-)
~Cynthia

3 comments:
This is beautiful, Cynthia! I love that big orange flower! It does look like sunshine!
i love the flower falling off the side, cynthia! (i havne't even started my cards)!
Hi Cynthia
What a gorgeous finished card.
I love it.
Such a stunning flower .. .. great colour choices!
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment