Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hanging of the Greens

Hanging of the Greens by HikerCynthia
Hanging of the Greens, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I always love that Sunday at church, usually the first Sunday of Advent, when all the "greens" would be hung--all the wreaths, the swags, the garlands, the trees would be placed around the sanctuary for Christmas.

So here's my nod to the traditional hanging of the greens. I'm not totally loving this card...I think I would make the wreath larger next time, but I like the rustic vibe going on.

I die cut two pinked circles--one within the other to create a wreath. I dusted it lightly with Picket Fence Distress Stain then brushed the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

I punched the bow and dusted it with Picket Fence too. Then I dusted the edges of the whole card with Picket Fence.

Finally I stamped the sentiment.

Super easy, but it's kind of cute in a really ski lodge/log cabin kind of way. ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (kraft card blank); Bazzill (green and red cardstock)
Stamp: Stampabilities (sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs); Distress Stain (Picket Fence)
ETC: Martha Stewart (bow punch); Nestabilities (Small Pinking Circles); Glue Glider Pro


I'm making headway with the cards. I managed to get my To Do List cleared off yesterday so I could spend a couple of hours making cards. No time crunch or pressure here. No, sir.


~Cynthia ;-)

4 comments:

sally said...

Just perfect for my little log cabin when I get there.

Sally

Bonnie said...

I love the hanging of the greens and this wreath against the Kraft is beautiful!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I like the rustic vibe you have going on too.

Can't get enough kraft at the moment LOL!!!

Get you with your "no time crunch or pressure here" comment and a fully ticked off do list!!

When do you release your book that tells us all how to achieve the same!!

Have a great day.

Love Jules xx

Carolyn Dube said...

And hanging them on a card is far less work than hanging them on the walls! I love that you've captured the memories of the hanging of the greens too!