Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Turkey Day CASE

Another Turkey Day CASE by HikerCynthia
Another Turkey Day CASE, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Yes, kind of like Thanksgiving leftovers. But without the calories.

Or the guilt! Heh. ;-)

This is the second card I made after getting angry at the first card I tried to make. (See yesterday's post.) I felt like I should not let those tiny adhesive dots defeat me.

So there, tiny adhesive dots!!

Taking inspiration from Rosemary's CASology card, I die cut the letters and used a glue pen to adhere them this time. Then I punched the apple and cut it to resemble a pumpkin.

I used a long piece of painters' blue tape to keep the letters all on one line and straight.

Sadly, the tape...although I was oh-so-careful removing it...tore off part of the card.

So while the tiny adhesive dots did not defeat me this time, the painters' blue tape did.

*sigh*

I'm sending it out anyway. Maybe the recipient won't notice! ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory card blank); Bazzill (orange cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Marker (Rusty Hinge--to make lines on the pumpkin and Forest Moss for the stem)
ETC: Martha Stewart (apple punch); Memory Box (Typewriter Lower die cut letters); Zig Two-way Glue Pen


My local scrap store is having a store-wide 40% sale! OH THE JOY. Cathy, the manager, was telling us that they're having their Black Friday sale NOW and not the day after Thanksgiving because, "No one will shop here on Friday--we don't sell TVs!!" LOL!!!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is CAS perfection (ok, I can't see the tear - it's probably not noticable at all!) I love the simplicity of this! THANKS for playing along again this week!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Hope you have some hair left and haven't pulled it all out.

I too have had the same problems with those tiny sticky dot sheets and have now resorted to using a fine nibbed glue pen .. .. less stressful and more reliable for skinny letters etc.

Love Jules xx

Erika said...

A beautiful CAS card Cynthia, love it. Thanks for the visit too.
Crafty hugs,
Erika.

Bonnie said...

That painter's blue tape may not pull the wall apart, but it will pull paper everytime! Nasty stuff in the craft room. I found some drafting tape in the craft store and it works better. Still can pull the paper but not as bad. Anywho, I love your apple turned pumpkin and the simple thanks! Perfect!