Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'll have a Blue Christmas....

I so love using Tim Holtz's Tumbled Glass Distress Ink for Christmas cards. I think it's the most icy, snowy color out there!

I stamped the snowflakes in Tumbled Glass, then die cut the rectangle. While it was still in the die I dusted Tumbled Glass over the shape, with the more intense color on the edges and less in the middle.

I dusted more Tumbled Glass on white cardstock then die cut the fancy Christmas tree.

Instant color match! =D

Finally I die cut the second Christmas tree--the plain shape--out of white cardstock.  I added a bit of glitter to the star and then stamped the sentiment and...there's another Christmas card under the old belt!!


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Neenah (Solar White cardstock)
Stamps: Studio G (snowflake); KaiserCraft (Christmas set sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)
ETC: Impression Obsession (DIE031-N--Christmas trees); Nestabilities (Large Labels); Sakura Gelly Roll pen (Clear Star)


In between making cards, I've been checking out other crafters' December Daily albums. They're so fun, gorgeous, funky, beautiful, simple, layered...well, you get the picture! So much inspiration out there!!! =D


~Cynthia

3 comments:

sally said...

Pretty please, will someone send me something this glam ?
This is such a cool card! I hope that whoever receives this loves it as much as I do :-)

Sally

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

A beautiful Christmas card.

I love the snowflake background .. .. might have to have a go at that one myself.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Sigh, this is so peacefully beautifully, Cynthia! Beautiful color and I love the snowflakes and delicate tree!