I love the first of the month! The crafters in Ali Edwards' One Little Word class host a blog hop, Tim Holtz posts his latest Tag 0f 2012 (uhhhh, insert link HERE when Tim posts his tag!), and I get to turn all the calendars to the next month!
OK, maybe not so much that last one....
But this "first" has Carolyn over at A Colorful Journey inviting us to go on vacation to the beach with her! Well, not really GO, but use that as inspiration to create something--anything!
So here's my card. Very beachy, yes?
I border punched the waves and dusted them with Picket Fence Distress Marker to create the foam.
So cool. *sigh* LOVE Picket Fence....
Then I stamped the sailboat on a scrap piece of paper, cutting out the sails only. I stamped the sailboat again--on the card blank.
I mushed Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks all over, leaving streaks to get the cloud effect.
I adhered the sails to the image using pop dots and then stamped the seagulls.
Finally I stamped the birthday sentiment down "in" the water. Hee hee!
Won't you join us at the beach?? Surf's up!! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: Stacy Stamps (sailboat set); Endless Creations (birthday sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Broken China); Distress Marker (Picket Fence)
ETC: Fiskars (wave border punch); EK Success (Pop Dots); Glue Glider Pro
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
~Cynthia
PS: Here's a shot of Folly Beach, South Carolina, I took back in April. LOVE Folly! Best surfing on the East Coast, baby!!!
OK, maybe not so much that last one....
But this "first" has Carolyn over at A Colorful Journey inviting us to go on vacation to the beach with her! Well, not really GO, but use that as inspiration to create something--anything!
So here's my card. Very beachy, yes?
I border punched the waves and dusted them with Picket Fence Distress Marker to create the foam.
So cool. *sigh* LOVE Picket Fence....
Then I stamped the sailboat on a scrap piece of paper, cutting out the sails only. I stamped the sailboat again--on the card blank.
I mushed Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks all over, leaving streaks to get the cloud effect.
I adhered the sails to the image using pop dots and then stamped the seagulls.
Finally I stamped the birthday sentiment down "in" the water. Hee hee!
Won't you join us at the beach?? Surf's up!! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: Stacy Stamps (sailboat set); Endless Creations (birthday sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Broken China); Distress Marker (Picket Fence)
ETC: Fiskars (wave border punch); EK Success (Pop Dots); Glue Glider Pro
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
~Cynthia
PS: Here's a shot of Folly Beach, South Carolina, I took back in April. LOVE Folly! Best surfing on the East Coast, baby!!!


3 comments:
Cool card. I don't know picket fence products. I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip.
Have a wonderful creative weekend.
Thanks for coming on vacation! I love your composition!!! The little touches of the picket fence and the clouds! Wow!
great card, cynthia! beautiful beach and no one is on it!
Post a Comment