I ripped this card idea straight off of Susan Raihala's blog, Simplicity. She, in turn, took the idea from Michelle Bertuzzi in Card Creations Volume 10.
Did you get all that?? ;-)
I pretty much used Susan's recipe for this card. I punched out a scalloped circle, then used the negative space as my mask.
I stamped the script stamp in a lighter pink than the ink I used for the Happy Birthday stamp.
Then I smooshed the darker ink pad on some scrap paper and punched out the butterfly.
Twas like a 5-minute card, it was. =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (script stamp); Endless Creations (birthday stamp)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Marvy Uchida (scallop circle punch)
I haven't created too much this week because I had jury duty. Seriously? Not fun. :-( But that's over and now I have a bit of time to create! Just waiting for the mojo to return. =D
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
~Cynthia
Did you get all that?? ;-)
I pretty much used Susan's recipe for this card. I punched out a scalloped circle, then used the negative space as my mask.
I stamped the script stamp in a lighter pink than the ink I used for the Happy Birthday stamp.
Then I smooshed the darker ink pad on some scrap paper and punched out the butterfly.
Twas like a 5-minute card, it was. =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (script stamp); Endless Creations (birthday stamp)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Marvy Uchida (scallop circle punch)
I haven't created too much this week because I had jury duty. Seriously? Not fun. :-( But that's over and now I have a bit of time to create! Just waiting for the mojo to return. =D
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
This is seriously cute! The masking and beautiful butterfly really give this card pizzazz! Looks like your mojo is just fine.
Text, a butterfly, and a festive color- what a fabulous birthday card!
Hi Cynthia
Lovely to be back in blogland and looking at your lovely creations.
You have certainly been very busy.
Love the male theme that has featured quite a bit .. .. especially the Father's Day card with the hammers and your Tim Tag!
I don't envy you the Jury Service. I dread being called. I am just far too soft for my own good and struggle to believe that people can actually do some of the things that they are found guilty of.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Jules xx
so very sweet! you may not have gotten a lot done, but, its all awesome:)
Post a Comment