Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One Layer--No Flourish

One Layer--No Flourish by HikerCynthia
One Layer--No Flourish, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This week's challenge on the Less is More blog is to create a card with a flourish. Laurie at the Stamping Up North blog made this beautiful card. I went looking for a flourish and was distracted by this dandelion stamp.

I love this stamp!

So I decided to use Laurie's recipe and forgo the flourish! =D

I grabbed a long clear block, using a Post-it note to mask the bottom--it was too long for my card. Then I stamped the new Shaded Lilac Distress Ink all over the clear block and pressed it onto the card blank. The really cool thing is it created texture on the card! You can really feel the ink spots! :-)

Then I stamped the dandelion, the drifting seeds and the sentiment. In real life, you can see the sentiment much better.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: Great Impressions (dandelion and seeds); Endless Creations (sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shaded Lilac and Black Soot)
ETC: EK Success (clear block)



Thanks so very much for visiting today!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

The Nonna said...

I LOVE THIS STAMP!!! Just dropped in for a quick sec and what did I see - pure loveliness. I love the card, such a creative thought about doing the acrylic block background. I will definitely try this technique on my next cards! You're so smart! Hugs...

Bonnie said...

What a pretty dandelion card, Cynthia! I've tried to ink the acrylic block and stamp and never came up with anything as pretty as this. I love the little seeds flying across the page.

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I am always distracted by dandelion stamps too .. .. there is something magical about them.

Nothing magical about the real things though when they make an appearance in my garden!!!

Beautiful card by the way! Love your colour choice and technique.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx