I named this blog post "Red and White" because the name I *really* wanted to use ("THIS IS WHY I HATE EMBOSSING POWDER") sounded so negative.
And I'm all about the positive around here. Or to paraphrase Susan Raihala over on the Simplicity blog...I'm all about the kittens and the ponies and the puppies farting rainbows.
(Did I just type that??? Forget I said that.)
I like this card. It's red and dramatic and Christmasy and full of snowflakes.
And also full of white embossing powder.
And I do mean full. It's everywhere. And I have no idea how it got INSIDE the card, of all places.
There are several things I don't do well.
I have never been able to make fudge.
I have never gotten the hang of rub-ons.
I am a walking embossing powder disaster.
[There are others, but I'll spare you.]
I really did try to overcome my loathing of embossing powders. I got the idea from one of the cards posted by Susan Goetter for One Layer Wednesday #70.
Her card was so serene. And so beautiful.
And it looked so easy.
*sigh*
Famous last words.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: Studio G (snowflake); JustRite (Christmas Mini Sentiments set)
Ink: VersaMark
ETC: white embossing powder (unknown company); Marvy (heatgun); Inkadinkado (Embossing Magic)
We seem to have exchanged yesterday's sun for cloudy, dreary weather. The *perfect* time to hit the craft studio for a bit of art journaling! =D
~Cynthia
And I'm all about the positive around here. Or to paraphrase Susan Raihala over on the Simplicity blog...I'm all about the kittens and the ponies and the puppies farting rainbows.
(Did I just type that??? Forget I said that.)
I like this card. It's red and dramatic and Christmasy and full of snowflakes.
And also full of white embossing powder.
And I do mean full. It's everywhere. And I have no idea how it got INSIDE the card, of all places.
There are several things I don't do well.
I have never been able to make fudge.
I have never gotten the hang of rub-ons.
I am a walking embossing powder disaster.
[There are others, but I'll spare you.]
I really did try to overcome my loathing of embossing powders. I got the idea from one of the cards posted by Susan Goetter for One Layer Wednesday #70.
Her card was so serene. And so beautiful.
And it looked so easy.
*sigh*
Famous last words.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: Studio G (snowflake); JustRite (Christmas Mini Sentiments set)
Ink: VersaMark
ETC: white embossing powder (unknown company); Marvy (heatgun); Inkadinkado (Embossing Magic)
We seem to have exchanged yesterday's sun for cloudy, dreary weather. The *perfect* time to hit the craft studio for a bit of art journaling! =D
~Cynthia

5 comments:
LOVE the red and white! i looked at the larger view of the card and it looks great to me! (i cannot do embossing)
Puppies farting rainbows...such a visual...lol
I like your card, you are much too hard on yourself! ?
I've never heard the "puppies farting rainbows" but I LOVE IT! The card looks great and I can't tell a thing about your embossing powder challenges. As for the powder on the inside that is proof that is hand made with love - not a store bought card. The question is do you have embossing powder in your shoes? I dropped an open bottle of it on my shoes and made a total mess. Then there was the time I was using UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) and dipped my hair in it while it was gooey and hot. Not a good look. Embossing powder and I are friends but only on its terms - never mine...
Those white snowflakes are beautiful and your photo editing covers up any and all the boo boos. Glitter is even worse. I found some of that on the baby's cheek and he wasn't even on the same floor when I used it!
Oh Cynthia .. .. your post did make me chuckle.
As for the things you say you don't do well .. .. .. I never get on well with rub-ons either .. .. but did overhear someone in our local craft shop saying that she sits on hers for a while before she attaches them to warm them up!!
Must see if I still have any to give it a try.
Your card is lovely. The embossing looks great.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment