Friday, November 25, 2011

Mistletoe Christmas

Mistletoe Christmas by HikerCynthia
Mistletoe Christmas, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I kinda-sorta CASE'd this from Lisa over on the I'm in Haven blog. I just started following her blog--she has the cutest cards!

I didn't have any of her supplies. (Ain't that the way it always goes???) But I did manage to make a card that I liked.

Then I managed to somehow get brown ink in spots near the word Merry.

I even tried to erase it. I may end up chucking the card or spritzing it with something.

Oh well.

I had fun putting it together. It's pretty simple and one of those kinds of cards that can easily be mass produced.

I stamped the branch image, then covered the flowers with red berries. I punched those using a regular hole punch. (When I make this card again, I'll probably cover each berry with Glossy Accents or something along those lines for a bit of shine.)

Then I used an old rain drop punch for the leaves. I just creased them heavily down the middle, then flipped them over and adhered them on the wide end with a mini glue dot, scrunching them up a bit when I pressed them to the cardblank. I made veins by 'scoring' the leaves with my finger nail. I colored in the tiny leaves that remained with watercolor pencils.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red and green cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampabilities (sentiment); Hero Arts (Flower and Leaf Branch)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick and Walnut Stain)
ETC: EK Success (rain drop punch); WalMart (I think--it was a long time ago--hole punch); GlueDots; Artist's Loft (watercolor pencils)


Well, I hope everyone survived Thanksgiving! We had our usual family drama. Heh. But we're all still talking to one another, so I guess we survived for another year. =D

Now I just have to clean up the mess and get back to CRAFTING. YAY!


~Cynthia

5 comments:

JennL said...

Cute, cute card! And I couldn't even see any kind of ink splotch so I say just use as is. ; )

Glad to hear Thanksgiving wasn't too traumatic...

xoxo, Jenn

Carolyn Dube said...

Love the look of the leaves and the berries with the black!

farmhouse-story said...

so clever to use the drop punch for the leaves, cynthia! very pretty card!

family drama--what would the holidays be without that:) glad you survived another year:)

Bonnie said...

What a lovely branch! I hope you don't have to chuck it. I think it's beautiful.

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

You have been very busy with your Christmas cards whilst I have been up to my neck in wedding work and Christmas makes of my own!!

Loving this one very much!!

I can't see any brown ink spots .. .. they must have faded during the length of time it has taken me to get here and comment.

Pleased you survived Thanksgiving.

Love Jules xx