Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holly Berry Christmas

Holly Berry Christmas by HikerCynthia
Holly Berry Christmas, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
How's this for clean and simple?? =D

One ink, two stamps, three blings.

Is 'blings' a word??

I love the font on the sentiment stamp. It's funky and whimsical.

There. I actually wrote a blog post that included the word 'whimsical.'

I'm on a literary roll.......


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank--which you can hardly tell due some sort of operator error in photographing said card...IN FULL SUNLIGHT, might I add)
Stamp: WeRMemory Keepers (Merry Christmas mini set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles)
ETC: KaiserCraft (Red Rhinestones)



So since I know you're dying to hear the rest of my HVAC story....

They're still not done. Going on four days now. I only have heat in half of my house since they weren't able to connect the other furnace up yet. This is totally due to the work habits of Smoking Boy.

I watched Smoking Boy go back and forth to their van EIGHT times in 3 hours. (And yes, I counted, because it got to be funny after a while.) And each time he had something different in his hand--most notably a small white bucket, which went back and forth from my house to the van multiple times. And in the meantime, the other guy walked out there to retrieve the small white bucket because he needed it and Smoking Boy had stashed it in the van for some reason. And each time Smoking Boy went out to the van he had to smoke. And pose. Inexplicably, he had to smoke and pose--like some kind of scary Marlboro Man--for the cars that drove by. So you can see how this might slow the whole WORK progress thing waaaaaaaaaay down.

So I guess they'll be back on Monday. Which will mean six days with only half heat.

At least the power bill will be lower this month....


~Cynthia ;-)

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

a lower bill...you are too funny! love your post and your cute cas card, cynthia!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Fabby Christmas card .. .. but as for your HVAC story .. .. well I hope you are not paying them by the hour!!

I wouldn't be happy at someone having 8 fag breaks in 3 hours otherwise!!

Only you could see a positive in a situation that would drive most people to distraction!!

Well done you!

I hope it isn't too cold where you are at the moment.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

I like it! Clean and simple! (that would be the card not the marlboro advert!!!)

Bonnie said...

Love this CAS card! You should have got a picture of Smoker Boy posing. I love that you found the silver lining. Hope the weather is as nice there as it's been here.