Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans' Day and Some Corn Gratitude

Corn Gratitude by HikerCynthia
Corn Gratitude, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
As I was hanging out in the Blogosphere today, I noticed how many people expressed gratitude for those in the military. Then I started counting the number of soldiers or sailors that I actually knew....

Grandfather--Army
Great Uncles (2)--Army
Uncle--Navy
Cousins (2)--Navy
Cousin--Air Force
College Friends (2)--Navy
Hiking Friend--Army
High School Friends (2)--Army
ETAFormer Boss--Air Force
Coworker's Husband--Marine Corps
Sunday School Teacher (2)--Army
Church Music Director--Coast Guard
Church Friend--Army
My college roommate and other friends who were part of my college's ROTC programs.
And so many others...

Thanks to all who have served, are serving and will serve in the United States military. And thanks to their family members who also make great sacrifices.



And now to today's card.

I stamped the main image using Distress Stain. In real life it gives it a more painterly look--softer and lighter than Distress Ink would. It's pretty cool!

I lightly tinted the image with watercolor pencils.

Then I stamped the sentiment with Distress Ink and layered it all on a cardblank.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (ivory and brown cardstock); Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment); Inkadinkado (unnamed corn stamp, #99411)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain); Distress Stain (Walnut Stain)
ETC: Koh-I-Nor (watercolor pencils); Glue Glider Pro


Happy 11-11-11, everyone!! Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend! Lots of creative blog hops/challenge type stuff going on...like on Cocoa Daisy's site and Shimelle's blog. Create happy!!


~Cynthia

5 comments:

Jules said...

My Cynthia you have been a very lady .. .. where have I been?

So many lovely creations from you.

You certainly know lots of people who are soldiers or sailors.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

i think you know more soldiers than i do, and i come from an air force base community! charming card today, cynthia!

Carolyn Dube said...

Such a fantastic card that is perfect for the season!!! The gold adds such sophistication!

Bonnie said...

I hope lots of soldiers saw this beautiful card! The hanging corn is perfect for a Thanksgiving card!

~Tammy~ said...

Love your tribute to the military! Fantastic focal image!