Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas Redeux

Christmas Redeux by HikerCynthia
Christmas Redeux, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I made this same design for Christmas 2010 and never sent it because I felt it was missing something. I remade the card--I still had a bit of the background paper left!--and added a bit to make it more professional-looking.

I diecut two ovals and one scalloped oval. I stamped the Cardinal after I diecut the smaller oval. I colored him using Sharpies because I wanted a very bright and intensely colored bird.

I cut a strip of leftover red cardstock, stamped the sentiment and tucked it under two of the ovals. I layered it over the background paper and adhered everything to a cardblank.

I liked it a lot better than the original card which didn't have the banner strip.



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (red and ivory cardstock); BoBunny (Noel Stripe)
Stamps: KaiserCraft (Christmas mini set); Inkadinkado (Ornate Christmas)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: Sharpie markers; Nestabilities (Petite Scallop Ovals Small, Petite Ovals Large); Glue Glider Pro; Sakura red glitter pen


So....more HVAC drama. Yesterday I came inside and distinctly smelled gas. The furnace runs on odorless natural gas and HVAC guys mix it with some rotten egg smelling stuff so you can tell there's a leak. So the Head Dude (the Dude with his name on the side of the vans--THAT DUDE) came over. He checked everything twice. He couldn't find a leak, but he did find some other stuff he didn't really like so...they're coming back again today to fix that.

*sigh*

I guess that just means more time in the Craft Studio.

Oh the torture one must put up with in the name of creativity.


~Cynthia ;-)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this beautiful cardinal in the ovals. It makes a beautiful card! You sure have had your HVAC troubles. Sounds like it's a good thing Marlboro Man isn't around!

farmhouse-story said...

such a beautiful card, cynthia! i like the addition of the red strip! sorry about the smell--does this mean the smoker guy is coming back?