Here's another in my little series of cards based on Jen's cards on the JENerally Speaking blog.
This time I went for the tone on tone look. I used the same red cardstock for both the postage square and the image square.
I stamped the candy canes in black ink, then covered them with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I used 3D Dots to raise the image square off the postage square to give shadows and dimension.
Then I stamped the sentiment below.
To center the postage stamp I measured the half-way mark of the cardblank front and put a little pencil dot. Then I found the middle of the postage square by counting the little "chads." This made adhering the whole piece very easy and quick.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: We R Memory Keepers (Merry Christmas set--both image and sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Fired Brick)
ETC: Ranger/Tim Holtz (Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles); TIm Holtz (ruler); Cuttlebug (postage stamp die cut); Marvy (1-inch square punch); EK Success (3D Dots)
We might get our first snowfall tomorrow. Oh sure, it's not going to stick. And it will be mixed in with the rain, but still. I think it counts. ;-)
~Cynthia
This time I went for the tone on tone look. I used the same red cardstock for both the postage square and the image square.
I stamped the candy canes in black ink, then covered them with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I used 3D Dots to raise the image square off the postage square to give shadows and dimension.
Then I stamped the sentiment below.
To center the postage stamp I measured the half-way mark of the cardblank front and put a little pencil dot. Then I found the middle of the postage square by counting the little "chads." This made adhering the whole piece very easy and quick.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: We R Memory Keepers (Merry Christmas set--both image and sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Fired Brick)
ETC: Ranger/Tim Holtz (Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles); TIm Holtz (ruler); Cuttlebug (postage stamp die cut); Marvy (1-inch square punch); EK Success (3D Dots)
We might get our first snowfall tomorrow. Oh sure, it's not going to stick. And it will be mixed in with the rain, but still. I think it counts. ;-)
~Cynthia

2 comments:
very cute! love the stickles--i need to buy some--perfect for xmas:)
This really shows that you don't have to put a lot on a card to make it special! I love these little "postage stamps". PS I'm still giggling over that turkey.
Post a Comment