Saturday, October 22, 2011

Winterscape

Winterscape by HikerCynthia
Winterscape, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, let's start with my second most used disclaimer:

I totally copied this idea from another card maker and now I can't remember who it was and I feel bad for stealing the idea and not giving credit.

Sigh.

(**Number one most used disclaimer is--"Sorry for the horrible photo." You know, in case you were wondering. ;-) **)


With that out of the way...here's today's card. I really like it and it was really easy to make! The best kind, right??

I cut a piece of kinda lighter navy blue cardstock and used a white ink pad to swipe the bottom of the paper, drifting-snow like. (Note to self: Don't swipe a lot or the preciously pristine white ink pad will become slightly blue. Sigh.)

I also swiped the ink pad along all the edges of the card, which I think brings in a bit of Professional Card Maker kind of vibe.

Then I stamped the awesome, magical trees and hit the floating snow with a glitter gel pen and dotted a few bits of the snow in the trees as well. I also added a bit of snow at the tree trunk base with a white gel pen.

And I was done! I think I'll just stamp the sentiment on the inside. It's way too cool to mess up the outside! Heh heh. ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamp: Penny Black (Snow Dust)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot); Color Box (Frost White)


Pumpkin Update: I haven't carved Mr. Pumpkin yet, maybe on Monday. He's sitting happily outside on the deck railing in the sun at the moment. :-)


Have a crafty day and thanks for stopping in! Your comments are ALWAYS appreciated!!!! =D


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

I am so ready for winter after seeing your card! It captures all the magic of snow and a still winter night!

Jules said...

Oh wow Cynthia .. .. this is totally awesome and magical!!

I love the finished look.

Thank you for explaining how you achieved such a brilliant look .. .. your disclaimers made me smile!!

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

my, cynthia, this is SO gorgeous! and amazing!

Bonnie said...

Just beautiful! I love the blowing drifts of snow.

used a white inkpad for a class once and one little girl loved the red pad with the white pad. I went home with a pink pad. Fortunately I was able to sop up the red ink with a paper towel and reink.