Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas Tree Farm

Christmas Tree Farm by HikerCynthia
Christmas Tree Farm, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Here's another card using the same Christmas tree as some of the previous cards. I CASE'ed this from the KingstonMamaCrafts blog, run by Ann. She has some really cool, really clean and simple cards that are quite beautiful.

I like how the trees look as if they're standing on a Christmas tree farm. I did a bit of masking to add the "behind" trees. Super simple and it went very fast. I think maybe I'll add a bit of bling to the tops for some sparkle. =D


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampabilities (Christmas Tree With Swirl); Penny Black (Crystalline set--sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Fired Brick)



It's windy and chilly out today, but the sun is shining gloriously as it dries out the remains of the close-to-two-inches of rain we've had the past few days.

I went out to my favorite pumpkin lot and grabbed a jack-o-lantern with personality, as the lady working there said. =D

I love carving pumpkins.

There.

I said it.


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Another fabulous Christmas card from you .. .. I do love that tree stamp.

Great masking!!

I hope we get to see your carved pumpkin!

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

great masking job, cynthia! i agree with jules, can we see your carved pumpkin? enjoy your weekend!