Happy Monday, y'all! First up this week is another Christmas card. This one is super simple, but it took a bit of time to bring it all together.
You know how some recipes list the prep time and also the total time?? This took a bit of prep time and a bit of 'baking' time too. ;-)
Punching out the feathery leaves was easy. I used snippets of two different green cardstock colors. It adds a bit of shadow and depth.
Then I also had to spend a little time printing out cool tickets from Miss CutiePie. She's got TONS of freebie printables on her blog! I chose the Christmas Wish one and distressed it a little with Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges.
I glued down the branches, tucked the ticket in, popped up on 3D Dots. Then I glued a few more branches to cover the ticket a bit and make the sprigs seem fuller.
Finally I added some berries--Distress Stickles. The only thing I don't like about Stickles is that they don't dry very shiny. But they do have a bit of glitter going on, so I guess I can live with it. ;-)
Then my 'baking' time--I had to leave the card on the table to let the Stickles dry. Heh.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (Ivory cardblank); Bazzill (green cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
ETC: Martha Stewart (branch punch); Tim Holtz Distress Stickles (Fired Brick) EK Success (3D Dots); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Miss CutePie (free printable ticket) Tickets here
I still have two more Halloween cards to make. I hope to have time in the craft studio tomorrow--I had better because I need to mail them on Wednesday!! =D That's great motivation, eh??
~Cynthia
You know how some recipes list the prep time and also the total time?? This took a bit of prep time and a bit of 'baking' time too. ;-)
Punching out the feathery leaves was easy. I used snippets of two different green cardstock colors. It adds a bit of shadow and depth.
Then I also had to spend a little time printing out cool tickets from Miss CutiePie. She's got TONS of freebie printables on her blog! I chose the Christmas Wish one and distressed it a little with Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges.
I glued down the branches, tucked the ticket in, popped up on 3D Dots. Then I glued a few more branches to cover the ticket a bit and make the sprigs seem fuller.
Finally I added some berries--Distress Stickles. The only thing I don't like about Stickles is that they don't dry very shiny. But they do have a bit of glitter going on, so I guess I can live with it. ;-)
Then my 'baking' time--I had to leave the card on the table to let the Stickles dry. Heh.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (Ivory cardblank); Bazzill (green cardstock)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
ETC: Martha Stewart (branch punch); Tim Holtz Distress Stickles (Fired Brick) EK Success (3D Dots); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Miss CutePie (free printable ticket) Tickets here
I still have two more Halloween cards to make. I hope to have time in the craft studio tomorrow--I had better because I need to mail them on Wednesday!! =D That's great motivation, eh??
~Cynthia

2 comments:
oh, i love this one, too! i gotta go see miss cutiepie now--tfs:)
I just found this punch and bought it after searching for a year. Can't wait to have time to play with it. This is great inspiration to go by.
Post a Comment