Monday, October 17, 2011

Poinsettias? Maybe

Poinsettias?  Maybe by HikerCynthia
Poinsettias? Maybe, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Boy, did I ever have troubles with this card.

I started out with pretty, light blue punched snowflakes. Three of them. Falling out of the sky. So peaceful.

And I hated them.

So I ripped them off, leaving glue spots.

And the sad little card sat on my work desk for weeks.

I could almost hear it crying.

So I punched out some white daisies and adhered them to the card.

But it didn't really go with the brown ink nor the sentiment.

I mean...white daisies, on kraft, with Walnut Stain Christmas??

So I punched out some medium red daisies. And brought everyone together.

And I think it's OK.

So tell me honestly....should this card hit the bin? Or is it Christmasy enough to send to someone??



Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Recollections (white cardstock); Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamps: Stampabilities (Merry Christmas 08)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
ETC: Punch Bunch (large, medium, small daisy punch)


I'm off to rake leaves. To me, this is worse than dusting. I mean, more leaves are going to fall on the yard five minutes after I'm done. AM I RIGHT????


~Cynthia ;-)

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

raking is endless, but so much fun:) and the kraft, white, and red is my fav color combo, and your card looks perfect for xmas, cynthia!

Bonnie said...

I like this card. If you added a narrow piece of bright red ribbon it might jazz it up. Or maybe not. I agree about the leaves. Everytime I sweep or rake I put that leaf blower on the top of my want list. But I do love the look of the colored leaves falling and even on the ground. Until they turn brown.