So with Halloween card making done, I'm back to Christmas cards. This one is based on an idea from Jessica Witty on her Witticisms blog.
I'm not too sure about it. It looks way prettier on Jessica's blog. ;-)
Basically...I punched a circle on one side of a piece of white cardstock. Then I ran it through a snowflake embossing folder. I attached a piece of green swirly paper behind the punched circle, adding a red bow to mimic an ornament.
I adhered that to a white cardblank, adding the sentiment in red ink at the bottom.
So....yes?...no?
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Bazzill (white cardstock)
Stamp: Penny Black (Crystalline set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick)
ETC: Martha Stewart (bow punch); Cuttlebug (snowflakes embossing folder); Marvy (circle punch); Glue Glider Pro
I guess I should start my Thanksgiving cards now. I've been busy the past few days making and working in journals. I made one journal out of a slick-papered cookbook. I love LOVE that Distress Stains work so awesomely on that kind of paper! Such fun!!
~Cynthia
I'm not too sure about it. It looks way prettier on Jessica's blog. ;-)
Basically...I punched a circle on one side of a piece of white cardstock. Then I ran it through a snowflake embossing folder. I attached a piece of green swirly paper behind the punched circle, adding a red bow to mimic an ornament.
I adhered that to a white cardblank, adding the sentiment in red ink at the bottom.
So....yes?...no?
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Bazzill (white cardstock)
Stamp: Penny Black (Crystalline set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick)
ETC: Martha Stewart (bow punch); Cuttlebug (snowflakes embossing folder); Marvy (circle punch); Glue Glider Pro
I guess I should start my Thanksgiving cards now. I've been busy the past few days making and working in journals. I made one journal out of a slick-papered cookbook. I love LOVE that Distress Stains work so awesomely on that kind of paper! Such fun!!
~Cynthia

2 comments:
its a lovely xmas card, cynthia:) i think your eye reads the red on jessica's popping a bit more than the green. have a great weekend!
This works for me. I always want to stamp a sentiment on the embossed piece and usually end up ruining the whole thing because it doesn't stamp well. Putting it underneath is a good option.
Post a Comment