Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Negative Happy Birthday

Negative Happy Birthday by HikerCynthia
Negative Happy Birthday, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Well, not negative as in the sense of "have a bad birthday," but negative as in negative space! I punched out a few yellow flowers for another project and thought the negative image looked cool, so I kept on punching and then just used it as a panel on my card!

How ingenious, eh?? ;-)

I stamped the image in blue because I love the yellow and gray-blue combination.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank);  stash (from Studio Jenn blog candy)
Stamp: Stampin Up (birthday sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Weathered Wood)
ETC: Punch Bunch (small, medium and large daisy punches); Glue Glider Pro


Today I walked outside to sweep the leaves off the porch where I took photos of my recently created cards. I looked down on the ground and saw this odd colored little leafy branch thing. Turns out it was one of the leafy branch things I punched out and used on my card I showed you yesterday.

SIGH.

I need better glue or something.


~Cynthia ;-)

4 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Great use of the negative card .. .. I bet it would look good using snowflake punches too!!

Thank you for the inspiration.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

very pretty, cynthia! my glue sticks when i don't want it to, and doesn't stick when i want it to:(

Bonnie said...

What a great job of repurposing. I love the negative images! Yellow and blue is one of my favorite color combos.

Doreen said...

Love what you have done here.xxx