Thursday, October 6, 2011

Last Leaves of Summer

Last Leaves of Summer by HikerCynthia
Last Leaves of Summer, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

I didn't really need another birthday card, but I wanted to try out the new stamps I got from Stampland. I saw the leaf stamps demonstrated at the stamp show I went to a few weeks ago and just loved the outcome.

So this is my first try. Lots of lessons learned on this one! I used two different leaf stamps and masked the small one on the right to create the one in the back.

I used three different Distress Inks (and the leaf stencils) to create shading. I backed the panel with a sheet of leftover green cardstock. I really like the effect.

And I purposefully cut off the left side of the green cardstock and white top panel because...er...um...I cut the papers crooked to begin with. Oops. But now it has a sort of modern, artistic flair! OK, that's just what I'm going with.

;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank and white cardstock); Bazzill (green cardstock)
Stamps: Stampland (leaves); Stampin Up (birthday)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss)
ETC: Stampland (leaf mask and stencil); Glue Glider Pro


I got started on my Halloween cards yesterday. I so love fall and pumpkins and all the lovely colors!!!

Thanks for stopping by today--I really appreciate your encouraging comments!!


~Cynthia

5 comments:

Sparkleblue Faery said...

Very nice card! Did you do the lettering? It is very lovely.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! :)
Peace,
Karis

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I love the effect you have achieved here .. .. just beautiful.

Love the delicate colours.

Love Jules xx

Cynthia said...

Hey, Karis! The Happy Birthday lettering is actually a stamp by Stampin Up! =D

farmhouse-story said...

very calm feel--it would make a great sympathy card, too...if there is such a thing! beatuiful!

Bonnie said...

I love this leaf and that they're green! Great layout. Putting the green mat on just 3 sides is very effectiv1e