
Well, OK, some people don't like purple cards at all. Me? I was using up a snippet, thank you! I think that's totally legal. ;-)
Technically, I'm using TWO snippets here! The purple cardstock is a leftover and the Core'dinations paper is also a snippet.
I ran the black/purple Core'dinations paper through a Fiskars crimper, then sanded the paper to bring out the purple lines.
I took the other snippet of Core'dinations and ran that through Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die cut and then a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I sanded again.
Finally, I stamped the celebrate border across the bottom and finished off with a bit of Distress Ink around the edges. I used a sparkly gel pen on the dots and the sentiment.
I totally planned to move the flower down toward the center a bit and then promptly forgot. So it looks a tad wonky. Heh.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (purple cardstock); Core'dinations (Black Magic, Hocus Pocus pad); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Stampology (Celebrate border set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Spots and Dots embossing folder)
I can't believe it's Friday already. Where did this week go?? Have a wonderful weekend!!
~Cynthia
2 comments:
ok, i don't like purple...at all:) but you totally rocked it here! love the crimping and sanding, cynthia!
Hi Cynthia
I "love" purple .. .. always have and always will .. .. especially the very deep emperor purple. that is my favourite.
Your card is lovely. Especially the crimping and sanding .. it really brings out the texture.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Mine flew by!!
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment