Friday, July 15, 2011

Checkered Flowers

Checkered Flowers by HikerCynthia
Checkered Flowers, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

OK, new favorite stamp here. I love LOVE this crazy floral background stamp. And it's from Studio G--you know, the...ahem...inexpensive stuff from Michael's. This is a 4x4 stamp, and it was on sale, so I bought 3 different ones. LOVE.

I stamped it four times and since I'm not a great liner-upper, I covered the spots where the stamping lined up! =D

I cut some of that awesome picnic tablecloth paper, then thought it would be cool with some red cardstock below, which I also used a border punch on.

Then it needed a bit more--something bold and festive!

And whenever I need something bold and festive I turn to Tim Holtz!

The flowers are Bigz die cuts from Tim's Tattered Florals. On the larger one I stamped the same floral background stamp.

Finally, I added one tiny bit of bling in the flower center.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank and white paper); Reminisce (red checked paper); Bazzill (red cardstock)
Stamp: Studio G (Floral Background)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: Fiskars border punch; Hero Arts (bling); Glue Glider Pro; Bigz (Tattered Floral die cuts)


Have a great weekend, everyone!!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

cynthia, your flower is just awesome, and now i want that bkgd stamp! its so cute! happy weekend:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving that background stamp very much .. .. oh to have a Michael's store in the UK (preferably just up the road from me). I hear of such wonderful supplies coming from there.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Jules said...

There you go Cynthia .. .. one way or another I can always make people feel good about themselves .. .. even if it is only to show I collect scraps of paper to excess LOL!!

Perhaps you will share yours now!!! Tee hee!!!

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx