And I'm back to cards today!
I totally CASE'd this from the Splitcoast Stampers Gallery, posted by cardmaker createdbykay.
As is always the case, I didn't have most of what Kay used, so I improvised. I *did* have the Cuttlebug embossing folder. YAY! I love that one. :-) I also used the Stampin Up bird punch and a bit of my neglected seam binding for the blue ribbon. (It looks a bit wonky in the picture, but really it's only crinkled.)
I die cut the scalloped oval and stamped the sentiment in Chipped Sapphire, which matches the ribbon...in real life. ;-) Because of the crinkly-ness of the ribbon, I popped the oval up and over the ribbon.
I made this for my parents' wedding anniversary, which is later this week. Do you know I do NOT have an anniversary stamp????? How have I lived this long without one??? =D
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green cardstock); Little Yellow Bicycle (Fresh Print Clothesline: Cornflowers); Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Classic Messages)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Stampin Up (bird punch); The Sewing Place (seam binding); Cuttlebug (Leafy Branches embossing folder); EK Success (3D Pop Dots); Spellbinders Nestabilities (Petite Scalloped Ovals Small)
And that's it for me today! I send out my wishes for a safe and happy Fourth of July!
~Cynthia
Monday, July 4, 2011
Little Birdy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
they will love this sweet card, cynthia! have a great week:)
Post a Comment