Thursday, July 14, 2011

I painted the shadow!

I painted the shadow! by HikerCynthia
I painted the shadow!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

No, no, not the band...the ART JOURNAL!

I painted the shadow on my art journal page! ;-)

Check down a few blog posts to see the original picture. I stuck my art journal on the rocks near the pond in the backyard to take a picture and realized there was a shadow over the page. I liked the effect so much I decided to paint it.

All I used was a black watercolor crayon and my sweet lil waterbrush....the one I love so much. =D

I also did this outside, in late afternoon, in the heat. So I hurried a bit. Heh.

I think the big knots on the far left side need a bit of tweaking, but I think it's pretty close to the original.


Thanks for dropping by today!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I think it is fantastic!!!

Well done.

I had been wondering whether you had decided to go ahead.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

SO awesome, cynthia! it look great! enjoy the weekend!