Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dec Daily: Mostly Done

Dec Daily:  Mostly Done by HikerCynthia
Dec Daily: Mostly Done, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

OK, maybe because this past year's December Daily album was my very first and as such I had no idea what I was doing...but....I really, really like this year's album.

It's so dang coordinated I could possibly cry.

I used a kit from My Mind's Eye called the Merry Days of Christmas. Lots of cranberries, winter sky pale blues and lots of sage greens! There was a page of punch outs and I bought a separate page from MME that I used as well--same color scheme.

I cut all the pages to 8x8 and added one or two embellishments, leaving plenty of room for photos or receipts or notes or journaling.

I also used lots of Pretty Little Studio's embellishments for the date on each page. You can see the 27 up there--that's from Pretty Little Studio. I merely backed it with punched out paper from MME.

Along the bottom of each MME paper there was a tiny tag with the name of the kit. I cut them all off and adhered them to each page. (That's the brown rectangle on the bottom left of the top page.) I think it adds a touch of professionalism to the pages. It pulls it all together, kind of like I bought the album this way. Pre-made looking.

I have all the days done. Now I'm using the scraps to add a few 4x6 page inserts to hold more stuff. In 2010's album, I loved the idea of envelopes to hold things I collected. I'll use the 4x6 inserts instead of envelopes.

This is such a cool album. Not very sparkly, just colorful and peaceful.


Thanks for stopping by!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

wow! that was fast! it looks awesome, cymthia! i've used that mme paper for the past 2 years-its one of my very favs!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Colourful and peaceful ... perfect . . . just like Christmas should be!!!

You are very organised and I am well impressed.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx