As I was making this page in my Canson Mix Media journal, I decided the lowly triangle doesn't get a whole lot of respect in your average, every day art journal.
You know. Most artists prefer swirls and circles.
I rarely see triangles. And why *is* that, I ask. Respect the triangle!! ;-)
So this page is for you, triangle!
I used a base of yellow acrylic paint, followed by the dots and dashes in red. I made my own funky stencil using a piece of stiff paper and a hole punch/comb binder machine. Then I added a layer of old gold acrylic paint, with another layer of terra cotta. For the triangles I used watercolor crayons and a waterbrush.
It's just...you know...kinda funky. In a triangular sort of way. ;-)
Have a triangle day!
~Cynthia
Friday, July 1, 2011
Triangles are the new circles. Really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you are cracking me up--the lowly triangle--love it all, cynthia:) happy 4th!
Oh Cynthia, the title of this post made me giggle! Love the page! Much love
Post a Comment