Friday, July 22, 2011

Super CAS Snippet


OK, so I've learned another valuable lesson in my "now scanning the cards" world.

Always clean off the scanner bed before scanning anything.

My apologies for the odd brown blob on the card. I promise it's not really on the card! :-)

On the up-side of using the scanner: You can really see the card well; I don't have to wait for a sunny day to get a good picture; I can use italics and post links; I can also blog random stuff above the picture and list the supplies below it.

Kind of a win-win-win situation, eh?

On to the card then! I'm still using up snippets, Jules style. This was a random piece of green cardstock I found in my snippet files. I simply scored a few lines, stamped a candle and added a bit of glitter to the flame.

I don't think you can get any clean-and-simpler than that! ;-)



Supplies:
Paper Snippet: Bazzill (green cardstock)
Stamp: Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: Sakura (glitter pen)


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

you know, that candle says it all and its so cute--cas works:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Your post made me smile.

Where I used to work there was always tippex (white correcting fluid - just in case it is called something else in your part of the world) stuck on the glass scanning plate. It needed picking or cleaning off before you could scan anything perfectly!! LOL!!!

Love your sweet little candle by the way and your use of snippets!! Well done!!

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Carolyn said...

Your scanning did a great job with the card- the little extra "gift" from the scanner is worth avoiding going outside if it is as hot for you as it has been for us!