OK, this is has never happened before. I guess you could call it a happy accident!!
When I took my art journal outside to get a picture of the page, I had the idea of placing the journal near the fish pond. It has a net over it to keep the hawks and owls and herons from eating the koi fish. When I laid the journal down, this amazing shadow from the net went across the page. So cool!!
Originally, I was playing along with Carolyn on A Colorful Journey. She challenged us to use up some paper we didn't like by layering paints and gesso and what-have-you to create a fabulous background.
I layered gesso and watercolors in reds and oranges, with drips of black paint. It looked angry with tear-induced mascara streaks.
So I calmed everything down with more paper and more gesso. I wiped some of the paint off to expose sections of the paper.
Now I have to head back into the studio to paint the shadow!
Hmmmmm....
Paint The Shadow.
Sounds like a great name for a blog.
Or a band.... ;-)
~Cynthia
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Ooo! Cool shadows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I had a wonderful shadow event today too - but no camera for it. Can't wait to see it when you have it finished!
i love your background, looks really lovely. i also think that paint the shadow is an awesome band name.
also, you are the big winner of the OLW blog hop giveaway on my blog. send me your contact info at jennhv[AT]cox[DOT]net & i'll send you out a box full of goodies. : )
Hi Cynthia
A fantastic shadow .. .. I hope we get to see the painted version too!! I think it will look amazing!
I hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
i missed this post! i'm glad i found it--its very cool with the shadow--are you really going to paint it? its a one of a kind bkgd!
Post a Comment