Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On the High Seas

On the High Seas by HikerCynthia
On the High Seas, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Here is my "I like this card better than yesterday's attempt" card.

It totally started out in a different direction though. Susan (LateBlossom) on the Simplicity blog used some cute blue rick-rack for the ocean waves beneath her sail boat.

It was like *smack* why didn't I think of that??!! Rick-rack! It looks like ocean waves! *double smack*

So I jauntily purchased some pretty blue rick-rack.

Which then proceeded to violently CLASH with the nice blue ink I used for the sky.

Then I found a scrap piece of blue cardstock which coordinated so nicely with my nice blue ink, it was like they were MADE for each other! =D

I grabbed a border punch and made my OWN waves.

SO THERE, RICK-RACK PEOPLE.



Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Bazzill (white cardstock); stash (unknown blue cardstock)
Stamps: Stacy Stamps (sailboat); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Tumbled Glass)
ETC: Sakura glitter pen (red); EK Success (3-D Glue Dots)


Stay cool; be crafty.

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

hehe, you are so funny about the ric rac! love that boat, cynthia!