Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mysterious Man

Mysterious Man by HikerCynthia
Mysterious Man, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Oh, how I love my Mysterious Man!!

I saw this idea over at A Colorful Journey (dot com), where Carolyn had used a stencil from Spray Paint Stencils (dot com) of this seriously cool looking man.

I used some pages from an old English textbook I bought from the Friends of (my local) Library. Ripped them, then I randomly painted green watercolor all over the bits.

For the stencil....I just printed The Man out and then carefully, with super sharp scissors, cut the inside out, leaving a man-shaped stencil.

All of Spray Paint Stencil's stencils are free. (AND THEY HAVE LOTS.) Just download, print, and you're good to go. They even have instructions on how to make an actual stencil, versus cutting up a stiff sheet of paper like I did. :-)

I might not be done with this page, but for the moment I'm moving on. =D



A very very safe and Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends!! Let freedom ring!!!!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

very cool, cynthia! i'll check out the stencil site--sounds interesting:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Oh yes .. .. he looks very mysterious .. .. and I love him too.

Hope you have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Carolyn Dube said...

I love your stencil man!!!!!! The ripped pages add such a great element to it! Thanks for the mention in your blog too!