Monday, July 25, 2011

Lowe's is the new craft store!

I had to go back to taking pictures outside because my journal is larger than my scanner bed. At least you get a lovely view of the bricks on my front porch! ;-)

So Carolyn over on A Colorful Journey posted about a trip to Home Depot resulting in a purchase of drywall tape. The particular type she bought had lovely holes in it, like Punchinella--the leftover stuff from sequin production.

I've never actually seen Punchinella for sale anywhere. So OF COURSE I headed straight for Home Depot! And of course, they didn't have it. (But their employees were under the effects of heat exhaustion and quite funny about everything!)

So I headed to Lowe's. And they had it. SO EXCITED. And...they also had a smaller roll of that awesome yellow caution tape!

SCORE!!!

Here then is a page from my mixed media journal, complete with Punchinella look-alike dots and actual tape, layered over a dress pattern I glued down over the gesso-covered page.

It's all browns and tans. Really cool effects with inks and Distress Stains.

I stamped "discipline" on the right because the quotes I wrote on the left have to do with how God disciplines His children, but ever punishes them.



We finally got a bit of rain here this afternoon. It dropped the temperature about seven degrees. But it increased the humidity about 400%. =D

Have a crafty kind of day!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

More gorgeous journal pages.

I love all the dots you have on these pages and the sewing pattern.

I have a small bit of sequin waste that was sent to me free a while back from somewhere I ordered from. I need to play with it now!!!

Thanks for the inspiration. I have often wondered why I kept it?!!

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

love the bkgd papers you've used and the tape looks awesome! and i'll bet it was way cheaper than the punchinella stuff, too!

Carolyn said...

I am sooo glad you found it! It works perfectly on your page!