Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CASEing LateBlossom

CASEing LateBlossom by HikerCynthia
CASEing LateBlossom, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

I probably should have added "AGAIN" to the end of today's title.

I really love what Susan (LateBlossom on the Simplicity blog) can do with a few stamps, a few inks and lots of white space.

With all the layering and colors in my art journals, it's so refreshing to make cards that are pretty simple.

I used a background stamp for the script. I masked off the bottom because the stamp was too wide (up and down) for the card. And then I stamped it twice because it's not long enough (left to right) to cover the whole piece of paper. But I just covered up the section where they joined and you can't really tell. ;-)

I punched two circles from cardstock. The blue one is stamped in Black Soot Distress Ink with another background stamp--and so is the little green flower. (The flower is one of Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die cuts.)

The green circle has Happy Birthday stamped in the same ink as the script background--Chipped Sapphire.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank and white paper); Bazzill (blue and green cardstock)
Stamps: Glitz Design (Distressing--script stamp); Studio G (Floral Background); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot and Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Marvy-Uchida (circle punch); Tim Holtz (Sizzix Bigz Dies, Tattered Florals); Glue Dots; Glue Glider Pro


Well, it's WAY to hot to do anything outside here in South Carolina. I hope we'll get some rain tonight or tomorrow to cool things off. Till then, I'll just have to play in my craft studio!! =D



Thanks for stopping in! Enjoy your day!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

its easy to make me happy, just slap some text on it:) i love this!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Loving the simplicity of this ... it would be perfect for my snippet makes.

I might have to "borrow" this idea if that is OK?

Love Jules xx

Cynthia said...

Sure, Jules! Borrow away! I borrowed it from Susan on the Simplicity blog...I don't think she'll mind one bit. :-)