Friday, April 19, 2013

With the Boats

With the Boats by HikerCynthia
With the Boats, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

By far, this is one of the simplest pages I've ever made.

By far, this is one of the most graphically awesome pages I've ever made.

The background paper is by Authentique. It's part of a gorgeous denim blue-and-white collection that I love. For this page, I wanted a bit more color though--to make that 7 in the boat house photo pop. But no matter what I tried, it either interfered with the page design or didn't match that mustard yellow 7.

Enter the chalks.

Yes, I simply took some Blending Chalk and dusted that big flower. In real life, it more closely matches that mustard 7. :-)

To get a triangle of mustard yellow goodness, I grabbed a wood veneer butterfly and dusted it with the same yellow chalks.

I adhered the photo, used more Authentique letters for a small title, and stamped the date on the very bottom.

Done and done.

Yay!!



Supplies:
Paper: Authentique ("Genuine")
Ink: Tim Holtz (Black Soot for date)
ETC: Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks); Authentique (sticker letters) Prima (wood veneer butterfly)



Is it Friday already?? Where has this week gone??? ;-) I hope you all have a wonderfully crafty weekend!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Done and done gorgeously! I love the yellow flower on the page! It's so lovely but doesn't distract from the photo!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

What a fantastic finished look.

Love the background paper very much.

I hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

just beautiful, and it looks far from simple:)