Cry along with me as I tell you my sad story....
Well, it's only partially sad.
My not-so-local yet staunchly independent scrapbook store is closing.
Today actually.
I got some cool stuff from them this past week, including those nifty plastic grid pen holders. You know, the kind you use to store Copic pens.
But the large plastic containers the pen holders sit in are just too expensive, so I decided to make my own.
Out of wood.
Using heavy machinery.
Without loss of life or limb.
And I did.
So I had to scrap book it! =D
I took many pictures along the way. I printed them in a small size so I could get them all on one page. The facing page, which I'll post on Monday, shows the finished product.
This page is all about the cutting, gluing, sanding, staining, and drying parts.
For all the massive amounts of stuff on this page, I rather like it. It's kind of busy, but I got to use new washi tape and that always makes me happy! ;-)
The paper is an old (horded) piece of My Mind's Eye. Precious (horded) Authentique stickers and some new (to me) Simple Stories embellishments are scattered about.
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!! I'm off to my final, absolute last, visit to my beloved not-so-local scrap store.
*sigh*
Shop local, my friends!
~Cynthia
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Pen Box
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Do you personally know MacGyver? Does he live next door? Power tools? Wood? Fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Hi Cynthia
I found out last week that my local store is closing too after three years of trading.
So hard for the small businesses to make ends meet in the current financial climate we have here.
That is one fabby page .. .. must come back soon and see the finished work of art!!
Hope you have had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
great page--but sorry about the store...lots of that going around, unfortunately:(
Post a Comment