Monday, April 1, 2013

Tim's Tag for April

Tim's Tag for April by HikerCynthia
Tim's Tag for April, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
It's April first and you know what that means!! Tim's Tag Time!!!!!

How does The Man come up with all these awesome ideas???!!!

So...of course...I had pretty much none of Tim's supplies. I have a few Distress Paints but not the colors he used.

So I had to go all MacGyver again this month.

And you know I love to go all MacGyver on stuff!!!!!!! =D

I used Distress Stains to make a kinda/sorta patina-ish background for my tag. Then I stamped the image, adhered some washi/tissue tapes. I also stamped the image again on some plastic packaging and adhered that over the stamped image on the tag.

I added one of those cool metal tags I've been hording and some of Tim's cool plastic sticky letters.

I distressed the heck out of that crinkle ribbon and some metal trinkets...as Tim calls them. ;-)

In the end, I just really want to run over to the nearest scrapbook store and buy more Distress Paints....but I think the Distress Stain look is pretty darn cool! =D

And I had a blast making it!



Thanks so much for dropping by!! Come join the fun over on Tim's blog!!


~Cynthia

7 comments:

sally said...

Love your tag, never mind about the lack of distress paints! I don't have any either & tomorrow I plan on seeing what I can improvise.... In fact the only ingredient I have is the stamp so lots of improvising will e required :-)

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Great job improvising. I spent 5 minutes going through my garage but came up empty handed. Kudos to you!

Scrapthat said...

yes, great improvisation :D

Bonnie said...

With MacGyver around, who needs the real thing! Another great tag, Cynthia! I love the way you create with what you have.

Carolyn Dube said...

You McGyver like a pro! I'm with you McGyvering is so much fun!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I hope you are well and had a really lovely Easter.

Loving your tag very very much .. .. especially the treatment you have given to the ribbon .. .. it looks amazing.

Have a good week and thank you for all your kind comments on my blog.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

such awesomeness, cynthia! stamping on the packaging --great detail:)