I'm back to cards today! Since the birthday girl received it already, it's safe to post it now! =D
I used my brand new candle border punch. This one is so much fun! I punched enough to go across the "cake" I made from pinstripe paper.
Doesn't that paper look like a layer cake??
Maybe? A little bit??
Then I cut a banner from the same paper I used for the candles and stamped the sentiment--which in real life is much more visible.
Then I distressed all the edges just a tad to make it look all shabby chic. ;-)
For the candles, I dusted each flame with a bit of sparkly gel pen.
Supplies:
Paper: Sassafras (Polka Polka); American Crafts (The Classics: Huckleberry Finn)
Stamp: Stampabilities (birthday)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Picked Raspberry)
ETC: EK Success (candle border punch); Marvy 1-inch square punch (to make banner tail); Sakura (sparkle gel pen)
And that's it for me today! Have a wonderful crafty day!!
~Cynthia
I used my brand new candle border punch. This one is so much fun! I punched enough to go across the "cake" I made from pinstripe paper.
Doesn't that paper look like a layer cake??
Maybe? A little bit??
Then I cut a banner from the same paper I used for the candles and stamped the sentiment--which in real life is much more visible.
Then I distressed all the edges just a tad to make it look all shabby chic. ;-)
For the candles, I dusted each flame with a bit of sparkly gel pen.
Supplies:
Paper: Sassafras (Polka Polka); American Crafts (The Classics: Huckleberry Finn)
Stamp: Stampabilities (birthday)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Picked Raspberry)
ETC: EK Success (candle border punch); Marvy 1-inch square punch (to make banner tail); Sakura (sparkle gel pen)
And that's it for me today! Have a wonderful crafty day!!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Cool cake! I love that candle punch! Great papers and it does look like a layer cake.
It totally looks like a layer cake, Cynthia! That is an awesome card and an even awesomer border punch!!
it does look like a cake! that's awesome! love the colors, too:)
Post a Comment