Monday, April 29, 2013

Banners Two Ways

Banners Two Ways by HikerCynthia
Banners Two Ways, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Do ya ever watch those TV cooking competition shows liked "Chopped" where they have to use a food item to make a dish...and then attempt to describe it in glowing terms? Like, "Today I have for you Liver Mush with Canned Dirt and Old Socks Two Ways."

OK, maybe not.

Maybe I just watch way too many cooking competition shows.

But today I have for you Banners Two Ways.

*snicker*

The bottom photo is a regular shot I took on my cell phone through the car's sunroof of banners in a grocery store parking lot.

(Whoa! No dangling participles there, boy!!)

The top shot I ran through an Instagram filter. It makes the photo square--giving all the pictures a Polaroid look. The filter I used made the edges darker and the colors more intense.

I love Instagram filters almost as much as I love cooking competition shows.

;-)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I borrowed this layout from something Shimelle did. I used a bunch of paper layers, some washi tape and some embellishments from various sources.

That button thingy in the middle is one I just made up. I didn't have anything big enough nor the right shape for that area...so I just made one from a chipboard piece and some glossy paper. I dropped alcohol ink on the paper and shot it with some canned air. Then I punched a circle and adhered it to the chipboard piece.

It's kinda weird, but it's totally growing on me. :-)


Alright, crafters, that's all I got for ya today. Happy Monday wherever you are. Oh, and Shimelle has hinted that there might be some fun stuff on her blog this weekend for National Scrapbook Day. Oooo, stay tuned, eh??


~Cynthia

5 comments:

The Nonna said...

Totally awesome photos - and soooooo trendy... instagrammed banners!!! Can't get anymore scrapbooky than that! And that circle thingy - whoa!!! I would have never thought of doing that! You are so crafty!!! It blows me away. (Okay, loving all these made-up words!?!). Will read more later, but have missed you so much. If you don't 'see' me sooner, you'll def 'see' me this weekend - so excited about our holiday! WOOHOO!!!
As always, so much love and hugs to you my blond.

Cynthia said...

So SO good to hear from you, my blond!! Thank you so much for your kind comments! Can't wait to see your creative goodness this weekend!!!

Jules said...

Wow!!!

We never get skies that deep a blue and so beautiful .. .. although I can't complain as there is a hint of blue and sunshine today (a very pale baby blue mind you!! LOL!!).

My youngest Son is an Instagram fan and has framed loads of shots into big frames. They look brilliant.

Hope you have a good day.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

LOVE the button thingy--you clever girl! such a fun post, cynthia! have a great week!

Bonnie said...

It's amazing what editing can do for a photograph. I LOVE that button! How clever you are!