It's November first and you know what that means...TIM TAG TIME!!!
Check here for Tim Holtz's step-by-step directions on his tag's techniques.
Here's my take! I stamped the wheat in VersaMark then covered it in clear embossing powder. Heated it.
Stamped the "gratitude" with Archival Ink so it wouldn't run when I spritzed the tag with water before coloring with various Distress Stains. Dried it, then I flicked water on the tag and dried it again to create a mottled effect.
Then, as per Tim, I ironed the embossing powder off the tag--such a cool COOL effect!!
I randomly stamped bits of a larger background stamp on the tag.
Added a bit of warm brown ink on the edges and then distressed the tag.
Colored some seam binding and string with more Distress Stains.
For the embellishment I cut a piece of (desperately forever-hoarded) burlap. I added a chipboard button and some leaves I cut from brown core'dinations paper. I sanded the leaves and distressed the edges with more brown ink before using glue dots to attach them.
Whew! I think that's all I did! As always...so much fun to create! I think that coolest part for me is going all MacGyer on these tags--seeing what I have that can be used as a substitute for what I don't have! =D
Check out Tim's blog and play along!
Supplies:
Paper: Stash (office supply tag); core'dinations (brown cardstock)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (wheat); Studio G/Hampton Arts (sentiment); Glitz Design (Distressing set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Sticks); Distress Stain (Frayed Burlap, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold); Archival Ink (Jet Black); VersaMark
ETC: Stash (button, string, unknown clear embossing powder); the Sewing Place (Daffodil seam binding); Glue Dots
Thank you so much for stopping in to check out my version of Tim's tag! It fills me with gratitude!!!! =D
~Cynthia
Check here for Tim Holtz's step-by-step directions on his tag's techniques.
Here's my take! I stamped the wheat in VersaMark then covered it in clear embossing powder. Heated it.
Stamped the "gratitude" with Archival Ink so it wouldn't run when I spritzed the tag with water before coloring with various Distress Stains. Dried it, then I flicked water on the tag and dried it again to create a mottled effect.
Then, as per Tim, I ironed the embossing powder off the tag--such a cool COOL effect!!
I randomly stamped bits of a larger background stamp on the tag.
Added a bit of warm brown ink on the edges and then distressed the tag.
Colored some seam binding and string with more Distress Stains.
For the embellishment I cut a piece of (desperately forever-hoarded) burlap. I added a chipboard button and some leaves I cut from brown core'dinations paper. I sanded the leaves and distressed the edges with more brown ink before using glue dots to attach them.
Whew! I think that's all I did! As always...so much fun to create! I think that coolest part for me is going all MacGyer on these tags--seeing what I have that can be used as a substitute for what I don't have! =D
Check out Tim's blog and play along!
Supplies:
Paper: Stash (office supply tag); core'dinations (brown cardstock)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (wheat); Studio G/Hampton Arts (sentiment); Glitz Design (Distressing set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Sticks); Distress Stain (Frayed Burlap, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold); Archival Ink (Jet Black); VersaMark
ETC: Stash (button, string, unknown clear embossing powder); the Sewing Place (Daffodil seam binding); Glue Dots
Thank you so much for stopping in to check out my version of Tim's tag! It fills me with gratitude!!!! =D
~Cynthia

19 comments:
Wow! You were very quick off the mark!!!
I actually have most of the requirements this month so I shall be getting inky tomorrow .
Thanks for sharing
Sally
Lovely!!
This wheat stamp is lovely and so is your tag!
Majo
Great job. I love the wheat stamp too!
How gorgeous is this Cynthia?
Perfect Autumn colours and fabby embellishments.
I know what you mean about searching around for substitute stash .. .. that is all part of the fun. I am often found rummaging in the garage!! LOL!!
Have a good weekend Cynthia.
Love Jules xx
Love it!! Great colors and your resist turned out perfectly!
Cynthia, thank you for your nice comment on my Nov. tag. I refused to use my iron! I may not use it much, but ya' never know. You've prompted me to be on the hunt for burlap scraps.
Your tag came out nice! I like the gratitude stamp -- great font.
Love your elegant little tag!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a note. Always appreciated. Like you, I found this months technique of the faux batik to be wonderfully cool with great results. You fall tag looks great with it's warm yellows and themed embellishments. I just love how you go 'all MacGyver' in you craft room. I never thought of it that way, but your so right. I think I'm going to adopt that saying for myself too. LOL.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a note. Always appreciated. Like you, I found this months technique of the faux batik to be wonderfully cool with great results. You fall tag looks great with it's warm yellows and themed embellishments. I just love how you go 'all MacGyver' in you craft room. I never thought of it that way, but your so right. I think I'm going to adopt that saying for myself too. LOL.
This is amazing, Cynthia! All those steps! And it makes such a beautiful tag! I hope you are putting these in a scrapbook. Oh, and you can CASE me any time. I'm so flattered that I can't get my head through the door!
The wheat stamp is cool - but I LOVE the 'Gratitude' stamp. The entire tag is amazing!!!
Yes, obviously, I love 'going MacGyver too... have gotten so used to it during the 'black days' that having to do it with Shimelle's Remix class is actually just getting my juices flowing! Luv Ya Chica!
Very cool tag, it's so warm!
Love your version of Tim's tag - so warm and inviting. Hugs, Buttons x
What a lovely tag!! I really like yours!
Thanks for leaving a message on my blog.
Hugs Cis-sy
Wow! The ribbons on the tag look like another version of the grass/wheat stamps top part!
Love that wheat stamp!! Wonderful job on this tag.
Love your version of the tag - the background is gorgeous and that snippet of treasured burlap is perfect! :o)
Post a Comment