At the rate I'm making Christmas cards, I should be done by the end of the month. You know, right before I SHOULD be sending out Thanksgiving cards....which are NO WHERE near done! LOL!!
My local scrap shop got in some new die cuts that I've gone crazy over: Dee's Distinctively. Here's just one example of how cool and really intricate they are.
This one's called Christmas Tree No. 2. It actually goes with a cone-shaped die cut so this one looks like garland around the cone. I like it open like this...but I might go back and get the cone one too. ;-)
These dies can be also used as a stencil or mask over the cone shape. Lots of cool options for your creativity!
Another cool thing is that Dee's Distinctively is based out of Canada and the dies are made here in the US.
Anyway. Enough pimping my new favorite die cuts! =D
I die cut the tree, glued it to a kraft card blank and then hit the berry shapes with Stickles.
I think this would be gorgeous if you used white cardstock for the tree and black or navy for the card blank. Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if I die cut two trees and layered them one face up and the other face down...hmmmm.......
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (kraft card blank); Reminisce (I think, not sure--green sparkly paper)
ETC: Dee's Distinctively (Christmas Tree No. 2); Ranger (Distress Stickles--Xmas Red); Zig Two-way Glue Pen
Have a crafty day!
~Cynthia
My local scrap shop got in some new die cuts that I've gone crazy over: Dee's Distinctively. Here's just one example of how cool and really intricate they are.
This one's called Christmas Tree No. 2. It actually goes with a cone-shaped die cut so this one looks like garland around the cone. I like it open like this...but I might go back and get the cone one too. ;-)
These dies can be also used as a stencil or mask over the cone shape. Lots of cool options for your creativity!
Another cool thing is that Dee's Distinctively is based out of Canada and the dies are made here in the US.
Anyway. Enough pimping my new favorite die cuts! =D
I die cut the tree, glued it to a kraft card blank and then hit the berry shapes with Stickles.
I think this would be gorgeous if you used white cardstock for the tree and black or navy for the card blank. Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if I die cut two trees and layered them one face up and the other face down...hmmmm.......
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (kraft card blank); Reminisce (I think, not sure--green sparkly paper)
ETC: Dee's Distinctively (Christmas Tree No. 2); Ranger (Distress Stickles--Xmas Red); Zig Two-way Glue Pen
Have a crafty day!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
This is gorgeous and so artsy done like this! Sounds like some more terrific ideas rolling around in your head that I can't wait to see!
That is seriously cool. I like the 'tree' like it is and especially like it on the kraft since it has the open, free-style look about it (kinda crafty, hehe). Can't believe you have your cards done!!!! You're just a workaholic! Did you try the experiment with the flipping? Are you gonna let me see? Love & Hugs, girlfriend.
Hi Cynthia
What a great Christmas card .. .. sounds like the first of a few.
That is a lovely die and I can even see parts in it that you could cut away and use as foliage behind flowers!!
Great buy!!
Wonder how long it will be before you return to get the other one?!?!? LOL!!
Have a good day.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment